Create enchanting cakes with sugar lace, easily and quickly!
This Cake Lace 3D Mat, with its bird feather pattern, offers a unique relief effect with different levels of detail. You can make 4 different models of fancy feathers, each feather being represented in several sizes. You can decorate your cakes with the large model and use the small feathers to decorate your cupcakes, cakepops or assorted cookies. Edible lace feathers will enhance your birthday cakes and wedding cakes by bringing them refinement and delicacy.
Claire Bowman's Feathers Lace Mould can also be used as a printing mat for sugar paste.
Cake Lace is so easy to use:
For 100 g of ready-to-use preparation of the Cake Lace range:
1. Preheat your oven to 70-80°C.
2. Spread your Cake Lace preparation on the silicone mat, using the special Cake Lace spatula. Work the mixture in all directions to ensure that it covers the pattern.
3. Remove the excess with the knife.
4. Place the Mat in your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes to dry your sugar lace.
5. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool it down.
6. Check that the lace is ready by lifting the edge of the mat. He must easily release the lace. If not, the lace is not dry, put it back in the oven for two minutes, and test again.
7. Turn the mat down on a clean surface and using the spatula, remove the lace...
8. To attach the lace to the cake, apply a small amount of edible glue to the back of the lace and gently press down on the cake.
We recommend that you store the unmoulded lace in parchment paper and in a sealed box, away from light.